The Quebec Black Medical Association Scholarships depend on the generosity of the community. Please donate any amount to help the QBMA distribute Scholarships to deserving students.
All contributions are tax deductible.
Electronic tax receipts are available immediately following your donation.
Yvette Mukaneza, Bourse Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
Sarah Mohamed, QBMA Scholarship
Carine Kuo Bong, Innovative Medicines Scholarship
Mesaye Bahiru, Hakeem Sam Scholarship
Chantel Mukonoweshuro, QBMA Scholarship
Marieme Dembele, Bourse Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
Kelly Hennegan, Elrie Tucker Memorial Scholarship
The QBMA's Annual Gala and Award Ceremony will be held on Friday May 27th at 6pm at Le Nouvel Hotel, 1740 René-Lévesque Ouest, Montréal, QC, H3H 1R3.
At this event, which will be dedicated to the memory of our founding President Dr. Elrie Tucker, we will remit scholarships to recipients chosen for their academic successes as well as for their demonstrated social consciousness. Selected recipients will also partake in a poster presentation symposium, showcasing their unique laboratory or literature research skills.
QBMA’s Board invites your presence at this year's event. Tickets are $125 and a tax receipt will be provided for the portion of the ticket in excess of the cost of attendance. Separate online donations (www.qbma.ca) or mailed donations are welcome. Donations over $1500 will result in scholarships named at the behest of the donor and honorable mention on our promotional materials and website.
A group of "Friends of QBMA" are also soliciting for sponsor/sponsors for the establishment of a Dr. E.C. memorial scholarship, named after our Illustrious founder. The criteria for this scholarship may differ from other scholarships and include entrepreneurial spirit, and pursuits beyond biomedical and medical realms.
Information on how to purchase tickets and make donations can be found below.
Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
Purchase of tickets and donations
1. By cheque
- Addressed to Quebec Black Medical Association
- Mailed to Quebec Black Medical Association 2021, Avenue Atwater, suite 180, Montreal (Québec) H3H 2P2
2. By Interac e-Transfer
- Send your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Via Canada Helps Online Donations
- Visit http://www.qbma.ca click on the ‘Donate Now” button on the left hand side of the home page
- Go to http://www.canadahelps.org and type “quebec black medical association” in the Search bar
Electronic tax receipts are available immediately following your online donation via CanadaHelps.
All the options listed above are safe and secure and contributions are tax deductible. Tax receipts will be provided.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 514-937-8822
We look forward to seeing you on May 27 2016!
The QBMA board of directors is currently seeking an energetic volunteer to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. The ideal applicant will have fantastic organizational skills, and a willingness to learn and assist wherever needed.
The Administrative Assistant will interact with high-profile individuals and must have great communications skills. This is a part-time position and can be accommodated to your school/work schedule.
You will gain experience working with a non-profit organization, which will be advantageous to have on your résumé. We will also provide you with a letter of recommendation.
- Answer and direct calls; respond to general questions
- Arrange outgoing mail and couriers as required; handle all incoming mail and couriers
- Assist with general filing
- Assist with preparation of standard letters and documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- 0+ years in an administrative support role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be efficient and well organized
- Must have an ability to work independently
- Must be sensitive to time deadlines and ensure that work is accomplished in the timeframes required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- High energy and enthusiasm
If you are interested, please send your resume and specify your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share within your network!
Are you studying medicine, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, exercise science, nursing, pharmacy or pharmacology? Are you a pre-Med or in another healthcare science field? Do you have excellent grades? Do you need financial assistance?
Submit your application for a QBMA scholarship!
**New deadline**: Monday 30th March 2016.
The instructions on the application process and the application forms (French and English) can be found here.
Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
On December 17th 2014, new QBMA board members were elected.
The newly reconstituted QBMA board consists of:
· Vice President: Dr. Stephanee Bakare
· Treasurer: Akute Azu
· Secretary: Peter Quashie (Profile)
· Recording Secretary: Neressa Noel
· Student Director: Olivia Koupaki (Profile)
· Legal Counsel: Ian Wong
· Dr. Glyne Piggott (Profile)
· Erin Hogg
· Enza Pagnelli
Message from the Honorable Lucie Pépin
For the past 14 years, this association, under the leadership of Dr. E.C. Tucker, has provided assistance to hundreds of black students in pursuing careers in the health field. These scholarships have made it possible for top black health sciences students at the college or university level to complete their studies or research projects.
Ministre de la Santé et des services sociaux du Québec
Notre système de santé repose sur la contribution et la participation de tous les citoyens, et je compte sur l’apport indispensable des personnes noires pour bâtir à l’image du Québec: accueillant, ouvert et équitable.
Philippe Couillard Ministre de la Santé et des services sociaux du Québec
Like Us on Facebook!
Thank you QBMA!
It's a great and wonderful way to help those who are in need. As we all know, the cost of books can be very expensive. This is my way of saying thank you to the QBMA; I am grateful for the help they provided Tiffany in an needful time. Thank you very much once again. Keep up the good work!
Brenda St-Cyr, Parent of QBMA Scholarship Recipient